LOVE

LOVE

Monday, January 4, 2010

MINESTONE


well the first thing i have decided to make from jamies "the naked chef" book is very simple, yummy and Italian!!! i did Jamies version of minestrone, full of veggie yumminess :)!!! It is very simple to make, doesnt take alot of kitchen talent because its a homie dish, rough cut veggies its all about the flavor and its dishes like this that make me love the saying "simple is best"!
I had a major melt down today because i was let go from one of my jobs...aparently he cant afford to have me on staff anymore because I am to expensive...meaning he ( the owner) doesnt want to cut my pay and he feels i am worth more then he can afford to give me...witch could be complete bull shit and he just doesnt want me there anymore because of personal issues he has with me...I belive it is the latter...but he cant fire me for those reasons because that is called descrimination!
So after having a rough morning i came home and decided to start my challenge! now i will do it and i will finish it by the end of the year but until i find another job i wont be able to afford to do it everyday like i had hoped!
Injoy and Cook away chefs of the world :)
check back soon
Recipies completed: 1
Recipies to go: 156

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your rough day. I think you did the perfect thing, because if anything can help a rough day it would be Minestrone!
    Best wishes for finding a new and better job!

    ReplyDelete