LOVE

LOVE

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day off....WHAT??

Today I had a wonderful day off...woke up with out an alarm, had a shower, put on my sunglasses and summer clothes and headed out the door! I went to vist one of my past chefs from a restaurant I was at last summer! he just opened up a new place so I had to go check it out! The venu is beautiful and I am going to go there for dinner soon so I will post about the food there after I eat it :)

After visiting I just started walking looking for a place to eat some lunch, I ended up at the corner of Church and Maitland (the village) at the Village Rainbow Cafe....I have spent countles hours in the village here in toronto but never eaten at the rainbow so i decided to test it out! I guess I was a little dissapointed but it was what I expected...I had fish and chips and a salad....to be honest i could have done with a big garden salad there home made greek dressing was wonderful! The fish was ok...cooked well and not soggy but the chips....fresh from a bag in the freezer...i hate that! i dont get why people/restaurants buy frozen fries...i am pretty sure its cheaper to buy a big bag of potatoes and a fry cutter and your customers will be much happier...hint hint nudge nudge!



















The other day I made my way over the The Kensington Cornerstone for a nice lunch! I had a wonderful pulled pork bbq open faced sandwitch and a green salad with my first taste of gluten free beer! It tasted clean and fresh and is deffinatly somthing I would get again!
Then I took a look at the menu again and realized a little note on the bottom that the whole menu was gluten free...how amazing is that!!!! absolutly wonderful! so if you are ever in the kensington market area of toronto....check out the kensington cornerstone for sure you wont be disapointed!

tonight the plan...going to a local bar with some of my work friends...Cory... for some fun dancing and drag shows! should be a great time...it always is! Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far!


go eat somthing :)

1 comment: