LOVE

LOVE

Friday, September 24, 2010

August 20th 2010

First I need to explain that I am going to be blogging about the past and its going to take me sometime to catch up on the last 3 months I have been missing so please bear with me and enjoy my travel tales :)


So its friday night i just finished doing a lunch/half of dinner service and get home to make a cake for a old highschool teacher of mine:) I am super happy with the out come of the cake even tho it took me till 3 am to finish!


Now its 3 am cake is done and what do I want to do?? SLEEP but nope....not allowed because I am what is known as a procrastinator....I am leaving at 9 am for a 2 week trip and I have not packed a thing! I know that if I go to sleep and tell myself I will wake up early and pack, I will for sure hit the snooze button and have a very angry friend when I show up late! So I stay up till about 430 packing up everything from my hair straighner to socks and everything in between!!

August 21st 2010

Wake up call a short 3 hours later and I head out to meet Sarah at her house....we pack up the car and hit the road! Montreal Here we come :) Our drive to Montreal from Toronto was smooth and exciting...both of us full of anticipation of what the next 2 weeks held for us! We get into MTL pumped that we can take a nap before our dinner reservations at 9:30 when SLAM...traffic hits and we are STUCK and i really mean Stuck....in a traffic jam for almost 2 hours! Somehow we managed so survive through the boredom and the little movement (it was kind of interesting how while sitting in this 2 hour trafic jam complaining we herd on the radio about the 9 day traffic jam in China and suddenly the self pitty party left the building....or car) we made it to our hotel....and had just enough time to shower get ready and grab a cab to the restaurant.

Interesting Fact....Grabbing a cab in Montreal is not as easy as in Toronto...we found this out the hard way.....15 minutes of waving at cabs and having them speed past...we started to get worried we were going to miss our reservation....but finally we caught one on the corner and we're on our way!

Sarah and I get dropped off in Old Montreal, we step out of the cab and look around and dont see the restaurant anywhere....the cab driver speeds off before we can ask him where it is and it seems like people are pretending they dont speak english so they dont have to bother with this silly girls from Toronto. After about 10 minutes of walking around and popping our heads into random restaurants WE FIND IT... and its everything I was expecting:)

TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment